The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), on Tuesday, announced that the Direct Entry (DE) application, which began in December 2017, would close on June 4.
JAMB Head of Media, Dr Fabian Benjamin, told ENT WEB that over 140, 000 candidates have so far obtained the forms online.
He said that the closure became necessary in order to avail the board the space to plan ahead for thE 2020 admission process into various institutions.
“With the policy meeting coming up on June 26, which involves the Minister of Education and all stakeholders in the sector, thE 2020 admission guidelines would be discussed and approved for the board.
“This includes both for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and DE.
“Therefore, candidates who are still interested and want to apply for the DE should use the window period of seven days to apply, as no extension of date will be granted.”
Meanwhile, JAMB has realeased results of the mop up examination conducted for candidates, who were rescheduled for the UTME on Saturday, May 26, 2019.
The results can be assessed on JAMB portal- www.jamb.org.ng